Our part-time internships offer students and trainees a chance to experience first-hand what it is like to work at the Deutsches Archäologisches Institut. Our internships are designed to meet the criteria for mandatory internships as part of your study or traineeship curriculum. The duration of the internship depends on the requirements of your traineeship/study course; the maximum length for student/trainee internships is twelve weeks.
DAI offers internships in the following departments:
- Archive and library
- Image library
- Editorial office
- Information processing in historical and cultural sciences (IT technology and science)
Students and trainees interested in an internships are kindly asked to submit their digital application directly to the respective department or commission. You will find the relevant addresses listed below. Your application should include your CV and a personal statement. Please state briefly the purpose of the internship (e.g. mandatory internship for study course, etc.). For more details please contact the department/commission directly.
- Zentrale, Berlin: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Orient-Abteilung: email@example.com
- Eurasien-Abteilung: firstname.lastname@example.org
- RGK Frankfurt: email@example.com
- DAI München: firstname.lastname@example.org
- KAAK Bonn: email@example.com
- Abteilung Rom: Praktika für Studierende am DAI, Abt. Rom
- Abteilung Athen: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abteilung Kairo: email@example.com
- Abteilung Istanbul: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abteilung Madrid: email@example.com
- Deutsches Evangelisches Institut für Altertumswissenschaft des Heiligen Landes: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hauptverwaltung: email@example.com
We receive far more requests for internships than we can accommodate. We have therefore decided to reserve our intern positions for students/trainees who can document that their curriculum requires an internship. As a rule, our interns do not receive remuneration or other kinds of payment. If our budget allows, we will pay interns working in one of our departments abroad a flat fee for travel expenses. Some departments and commissions may also be able to provide accommodation.
Students can apply for DAAD funding for short stays at DAI departments abroad (DAAD = Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst). DAAD funding usually covers traveling as well as a partial monthly stipend for living expenses. DAAD only funds internship with a minimum duration of six weeks. Please check the DAAD website for more details on funding opportunities and application requirements.